Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Todays Plans and Yesterday Plans

My plan is to also post pictures of my travels to Ireland and also post comments about fiction books I've read on Ireland.
I also have ordered several new books; Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexadre Dumas, Hamlet and Macbeth by Shakespeare, and The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein.
I vaguely remember reading Shakespeare in High School, I sat in the back of class, in the corner, and was very quite. I'm really looking forward to reading these 2 books of his I've ordered.
I also picked up today a copy of Oprah's new book pick, Middlesex, I'm not to excited about it, but I'm in a Oprah book club, I hope I'm surprised and it will be a good read.
I am 1/2 through 2 books Wish You Well by David Baldacci and The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, both very good books, hard to put down.
63 years ago today my Dad was on Omaha beach in Normandy France. Yesterday he was interviewed and pictures were taken of him and published in our newpaper for todays article on D-day. He is 84 now and has many health problems; but he is still the same persevering, dedicated, independent, intensely loyal man. I not only love him dearly, but I salute him in honor as well as all the men who fought on that beach. Thank you Daddy!

1 comment:

frenchfryedfreud said...

Well Miss Daisy you have fashioned yourself quite a blog here.

I just signed up with a radio thingy at Sthuner(Sherry's?) blog & now I see you have a Canadian internet station.

It's all too much.

I have my car AM radio tuned to a French speaking Canadian station (who says Detroit is culturally deprived)Tres Kool.

I also salute your Dad. We all owe a great debt to him & men like him. My Dad included. He wasn't on the ground but joined the navy as a 17 year old & served in the S Pacific. He's gone now but I'll never forget.

Look forward to your observations & photos from Ireland.

Great blog!