Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Libraries are Cool

I have several books that I am currently reading at this time, even though I already had a big stack to read, I made a trip to the public library on Saturday and brought home several more. I am reading: "Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy, "Knowing God" by J I Packer, "The God I Love" by Joni Eareckson Tada, and "With Christ in the School of Prayer" by Andrew Murray. Last summer I read three books by William Shakespeare, this summer I have three more to read: "Julius Caesar," "King Lear," and "Romeo and Juliet." I am also going to read a book on Dante's Inferno. The later book has been a curiosity of mine, and I'm anxious to get started on it.
This was my second trip to the public library, I moved to this city last August. I had plenty of time to browse throughout the entire first and second floor and I am now able to know my way around the place, I am also fairly knowledgeable about the selections of books that they have. I was impressed with the large area for Children's books, taking up almost the entire first floor, I was overjoyed to see so many children happily reading on a Saturday afternoon in the cool library. I use that word cool to mean two different definitions; cool temperate wise, because this is summer in Texas, and cool because a library is a cool, or marvelous place to be. In this era of enormous gas prices that affect every area of our lives, the public libraries are a haven for adults as well as children.

1 comment:

J. Kaye Oldner said...

I so agree! I love, love, love our library! :)