Monday, December 15, 2008

The Fair Maid Marian


Join me for a cup of tea and we shall talk of Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
My only previous introduction to Robin Hood and Maid Marian was in watching the old classic movie where Errol Flynn portrayed the part of Robin Hood, and Olivia De Havilland portrayed the Maid Marian. I also read a historical fiction book entitled "Hood" by Stephen Lawhead.
I had previously posted that I would be reading the book "Maid Marian" by Elsa Watson, and I received a delightful hello from this author.
This is the first novel written by Elsa Watson, I find it interesting that she started writing this book while she was in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa with the Peace Corps.
Elsa you have done a splendid job in this first novel.
I loved the dreamily, enchanting, and sensuous word usage.
Robin Hood as should be expected is daring, chivalrous, handsome, charming and a romantic hero. Maid Marian is a tenderly young and beautiful girl, that has been misused by those in power over her. Maid Marian voice and emotions in the novel is well written for an authentic young girl of the late teen years.
I am looking forward to the next novel from Elsa Watson!

1 comment:

A Gracious Home said...

I loved the old movie. The book sounds wonderful. I will look for it when I go Christmas shopping. Very nice picture also. Doylene