Wednesday, January 7, 2009

War Through The Generations

http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com/


"Winter Passing" by Cindy McCormick Martinusen
Celia Rachel Lange Muller has a secret, a secret she has held onto for many years. She is now an elderly woman living in America, her daughter and granddaughters are nearby. She is frail, in ill health, but still she remembers, she remembers that she must give Tatianna back her name, and she gives the mission to her granddaughter Darby to carry this out. After Celia dies, and papers are brought forth, letters, a passport, there are many more questions than answers for her family. Darby, with well wishes from her mother, travels back to Austria, to where it all began for her grandmother Celia. Darby encounters people that are helpful, and those that are angry and fearful, and those that are hiding secrets of their own.
This book is part historical fiction and part mystery. This book is a quick read, enjoyable.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I read this book a long time ago. I don't remember much about it, other than that I thought it was good. I'll have to dust it off and read it again soon!

I've created a post for your review here on War Through the Generations, and I posted a link on the book review page.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Wanda said...

Sounds intriguing...

Lovely header!

MissDaisyAnne said...

Thank you, some of the pic's are mine on my blogs, and some are not. I will be changing the header in Feb.