Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poems For October

"October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss weather led the dancing,
Professor wind the band."
George Cooper

"From ghoulies and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night. Good Lord, deliver us!"
Scottish Saying

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the Autumn tree."
Emily Bronte


"Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower."
Albert Camus

"October is a symphony of permanence and change."
Bonaro W. Overstreet

2 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

I love the new look of your blog. I love purple. The Autumn poem is beautiful. I still remember the one I memorized in the 5th day. Doylene

Annette said...

Purple is not only a royal color but to me it is soothing and serene.
Autumn is my favorite season! It makes me feel invigorated.