Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Review-"The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane"


Review-"The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" written by Kate DiCamillo, illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline
Candlewick Press, Published 2006, 211 pages of story, for ages 7 and up
The book has a scrumptious website www.edwardtulane.com

Edward Tulane is a china rabbit that thinks highly of himself. He lives in the company of a young girl named Abilene and her parents and grandmother. Edward is treated with the utmost respect and love. Then Edward is lost and his epic story begins.
I was only a page or two into this story and I fell head over heels in love! There isn't anything about the book that I dislike. It is a page turner, it has a teaching story, a building plot, interesting and believable characters--well most. It is an endearing book, a book that caresses your heart and does not let go.
I bought the book and read it all in one day, staying up until one in the morning in order to finish it; I had to know what was going to happen to Edward, the china rabbit. 
I am anxious to read my grandchildren this story, I will need to wait just a couple of more years---I know they will love it!

Blissful Reading!
Annette 

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this one!!! I don't know if I could pick a favorite DiCamillo. Have you read Because of Winn Dixie yet? How about Tale of Despereaux? I love them all in very different ways :) Anyway, thanks for the review!

MissDaisyAnne---Annette said...

I have The Tale of Despereaux in my next to be read pile. No, I have not read Because of Winn Dixie nor another book titled The Tiger Rising--I would like to read them both.
I also have A Wrinkle in Time and Island of the Blue Dolphins---this was the book that started my love of reading when I was a child--I have wonderful memories of this book.
I was not interested in reading children literature, yet I started thinking I have this building library of books I'm working on for my grandchildren...why not read them too!

A Gracious Home said...

That sounds like a wonderful book. I love whimsical stories like that. Doylene