Thursday, January 14, 2010

"The Elements of a Writer"


"The Elements of a Writer"by Janice Tingum
Lerner Publications Company Minneapolis, Copyright 1995
128 pages, Grades 7-10
Book borrowed from the library for purpose of reading/reviewing.


E. B. White is Elwynn Brooks White born July 11, 1899 in Mt. Vernon, New York. He was the youngest of six children. By age eight he was keeping a journal. He started submitting stories to magazines at the age of 11. Throughout high school and college he worked on the school newspapers. Later he traveled and worked for publishing companies. E. B. White later married and had a family. E. B. White is best known in the literary world as the author of "Charlotte's Web" and "Stuart Little." Both of these book have been an enduring treasure for children and adults.
I liked this book. It is written with the main audience of grades seven through ten. I found it to be interesting, giving the basics of biography information on Mr. White, I felt there is nothing that was sensationalized. It is interesting, gave facts that I did not know. I feel that it gave me a foundation for the book that I will be reading soon "Stuart Little."

Blissful Reading!
Annette 

1 comment:

J. Kaye said...

Welcome to the Young Adult Reading Challenge. I dearly love YA novels and can't wait to see what titles you read this year!