Monday, January 11, 2010

"That Book Woman"



"That Book Woman" by Heather Henson with pictures by David Small
This is a Texas Blue Bonnet Award Nominee
Published 2008 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers
For ages 4-8
This book was borrowed from the library for the purpose of reading/reviewing.

Fabulous fun to read this book in my best southern country drawl.
My granddaughter had great fun listening to me read to her, she even said "Nana you talk funny!"
The story is of family that lives in a rural place. A sister Lark loves books, but her brother Cal does not. A lady on horseback no matter the weather or terrain, brings books for the family.
Cal is at a loss of understanding why this woman keeps coming and he has a terrible attitude.
As the book progresses the story unfolds the mission of the wise traveling librarian!

This is a great book, I enjoyed reading it and my granddaughter loved it!

Blissful Reading!
Annette 

No comments: