Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review-Louise The Adventure of a Chicken



http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780060755546/Louise_The_Adventures_of_a_Chicken/index.aspx

Louise The Adventure of a Chicken
by Kate DiCamillo and Illustrated by Harry Bliss
Joanna Cotler Books An Imprint of Harper Collins
56 pages, for ages 4-8

This book was borrowed by the library for the purpose of reading/reviewing

Louise is not an ordinary barnyard chicken! She is an adventurer and heeds the call to flee the coop!
Louise embarks on sea adventure and a circus adventure, she also takes a detour on an adventure with a stranger. But, will there be no place like home for Louise?

I read this book to my granddaughter during Spring break. She and I had made a library trip for several books for her to read during the Spring break week. Both of us thought this was a hilarious book, we loved the French barnyard scene, and loved the use of a chicken that should be....well too chicken for an adventure.

I have read several books in a row by Kate DiCamillo she is a new favorite author for me, I have not been able to get enough of her wonderful books!
By the way, I bought the DVD of Because of Winn Dixie---from a book written by Kate Dicamillo---my granddaughter and I watched the movie during Spring break. The movie was great!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

No comments: