Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review-Wish You Were Here Toot and Puddle

Wish You were Here Toot and Puddle by Holly Hobbie
Little, Brown and Company, 2005, 32 pages, ages 4-8

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/kids_books_9780316366021.htm

This book was borrowed from the library for the purpose of reading/reviewing.


The characters Toot and Puddle and Opal are pigs.
Toot travels to Borneo to study exotic plants. Opal visits with Puddle while Toot is away. When Toot returns his skin is a sickly violet color. What will Opal and Puddle do to help Toot?
My granddaughter Celeste loves to watch Toot and Puddle on television, she also plays the games on
http://www.nickjr.com/toot-puddle/When Celeste and I made a trip recently to the library she immediately picked out this book to read.
I am not as familiar with Toot and Puddle as she is, but I am a new fan after reading this delightful book.
I liked the book and thought the story was imaginative and entertaining. The illustrations are bold colors on large pages. I loved the love and kindness that the 3 little pigs show to each other.

Blissful Reading!
Annette

No comments: