Friday, May 21, 2010

Review-The 108th Sheep by Ayano Imai

Published by Tiger Tales--link:
http://www.tigertalesbooks.com/

Link for book at publishers:
http://www.tigertalesbooks.com/books.php?id=163

Published 2006, 21 pages
According to publisher for ages 3-7, Amazon states ages 4-8
Ayano Imai wrote and illustrated this book.
She is the author of another book entitled Chester.

This book was borrowed from the library for the purpose of reading/reviewing...and treasuring.

The first thing that I noticed about this book is the thickness of the paper. The paper reminds me of cold press water color paper. The picture drawings appear to be in pencil--mainly charcoal gray. The drawings are detailed and lovely.
Emma the little girl who cannot sleep, has droopy-sleepy-round eyes and pinky cheeks. Emma tries everything to help her to sleep, she soon decides to count sheep. Her counting surpasses the 10 that she had hoped would help her to drift off to sleep. When she gets to the 108th sheep (he has a problem). Emma must help him, in order to help herself.
Emma, I understand where you are coming from...I too have problems sleeping.
There is a sweet slumber of a moral in this story; but if I told you I'd be steeling the joy of reading this to your little one.
I read this book to my granddaughter and she loved it, as do I.
Great bedtime book, great teaching lesson for children....and for adults as well!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for your lovely review of 108th Sheep. We have posted a link to your blog on our facebook page. Are you a fan yet? http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wilton-CT/tiger-tales/183496001305
Happy Reading,
Elizabeth Bennett
tiger tales

Loren said...

Hello Annette! What a precious blog you have here! I have a grandaughter as well and love reading to her!

I am following you now and look forward to reading more and these sweet reviews!

Come by and say hi and follow if you'd like!

Have a blessed weekend