Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Noah's Garden, When Someone You Love is in the Hospital by Mo Johnson and illustrated by Annabelle Josse

Published by Candlewick Press in 2010, 32 pages, for ages 4-8, hardback book

Link for the book @ publisher:
http://www.candlewick.com/cat.asp?browse=Title&mode=book&isbn=0763647829&pix=n

Link for the book @ Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Noahs-Garden-When-Someone-Hospital/dp/0763647829/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281460425&sr=8-3

This book was borrowed from the library for reading/reviewing.



A young boy named Noah loves to play in the garden. While in the garden he imagines he is a seaplane or pirate. He does not understand why his baby sister Jessica cannot come to play in the garden as well. He wishes for his sister to be able to play with him, but she cannot because she is in the hospital.
The book is based on a true story. Written in order to help other children deal with the sadness of an ill sibling.
I was moved by this story. I feel it is noteworthy in that Noah's Garden enters the little mind and world of a young child that is read this book and is dealing with an ill sibling.
The watercolor illustrations are bold and lovely. I loved the facial expressions, the shadowing and tones that were used.
The type font is large and easy to read.

Blissful Reading!
Annette

2 comments:

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting idea. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

Library Cat said...

I love your design and your reviews. I am a new follower here, too.