Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review: National Geographic Readers: Titanic


The name alone, National Geographic sells a book or magazine. Their reputation for photographs and educational information exults even a non-reader.

Recently while at a local Barnes and Nobles I was pleased to find several choices in books for young readers about the Titanic. They are located on an end-cap aisle in the children's area. After looking through all the choices available I chose this one. Why? Because it's National Geographic and I know it will be everything I'd expect it to be.

This book has less reading than the previous book on the Titanic I'd just reviewed. The emphasis is on photographs. Many I'd not seen before. The lay-out of the pages are magazine style. It is professionally created with the intent of mesmerizing and educating children (without the child even knowing it.) The photographs are of both the ship before setting sail and after being found in 1985. What I found of most interest is of the artifacts both on the bottom of the ocean floor and those that have been recovered.

This is an outstanding children's book on the Titanic and I highly recommend it to young readers, or those of any age.

Published by National Geographic Children's Books March 27, 2012
For ages 6 and up
48 pages
Non-fiction/Titanic

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/titanic-melissa-stewart/1105544822?ean=9781426310591
Paperback $3.79

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/national-geographic-readers-series/national-geographic-readers%3A-titanic
http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Readers-Melissa-Stewart/dp/1426310595/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
Paperback $3.99





2 comments:

Aurana Books said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as smartly with the structure for your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a great weblog like this one nowadays..

Annette said...

The theme or template is from Blogger and I just tweaked it. Every once in a while I make new adjustments or change the color.
Thank you for your compliments. They are much appreciated!