Saturday, April 28, 2012

World Book Night 2012

I took part this year in World Book Night. It was held last Monday the 23rd. I was able to pick up my box of 20 books from a local Barnes and Nobles. The manager at Barnes and Nobles was really great about his added duties in this huge task! Inside my box were 20 young adult fiction books by a well-known author. Included were book marks, a lapel pin, sticker, information about the book, and a thank you note from the World Book Night organization. Barnes and Nobles happily printed out an additional information sheet about this book.
For  more information about this organization.
http://www.us.worldbooknight.org/
and
https://www.facebook.com/worldbooknightusa
In the beginning I thought I would hand out these books at a nearby elementary school. About one week before World Book Night I met my neighbor that lives right behind my house, Judy is an at-risk school teacher in the Arlington Texas School District. I was so excited! Over-joyed! I had met the right gal! And a better plan was in the works!
She and I both handed out the books to her students. Her age students are middle schoolers and they are a better age for this fiction book.

I plan to take part next year in this (I can't say enough wonderful things about) project!

Thank you to World Book Night!

No comments: