Monday, July 30, 2012

Book Review: i'm not a baby! words and pictures by Jill McElmurry


Leo Leotardi is the youngest child in the Leotardi family. Everyone calls him baby. The Nanny calls him baby. His parents call him baby. Siblings Lulu and Lila call him baby. Leo constantly reminds them that he is, "not a baby!" It does not seem to do any good, they don't listen. Will they ever listen?

This is a fun book to read. At each retort from Leo that "he is not a baby!" My grandchildren just thought it was so funny and they laughed and laughed. After I finished reading it, my grandchildren said, "Nana read it again!"
The story is comical, endearing, relatable (I'm the youngest of my siblings.)
Good memories of reading to my grandchildren. 

Published by Random House Children's Books 2006
32 pages
Ages 4-8

Link for book @ Barnes and Nobles:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/im-not-a-baby-jill-mcelmurry/1101233608?ean=9780375836145
Hardcover $13.49

No comments: